Lit Nerd Heaven

I'm a proud lit nerd.  When I get to see literacy "celebrities" at conferences, I am overjoyed.  When Lucy Calkins asked to skip me in the lunch line and then Carl Anderson stepped on my foot at NCTE, I was beside myself with excitement.  Today I was in lit nerd heaven.

I got to spend the day with Stephanie Harvey!!!

Not just spend the day listening to her at a conference, but I got to spend the day walking through classrooms in our district with her.  I got to spend the day reflecting on practices, picking her brain, and attempting to soak in every word she said.


Unfortunately, my only picture with Steph Harvey
and I just barely squeezed in the edge of it!
It was almost too much for this lit nerd to handle!

Comments

  1. Way better than the PD I endured on Monday! Glad you had a close encounter of one of our lit-lebrities! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way better than the PD I endured on Monday! Glad you had a close encounter of one of our lit-lebrities! Jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That sounds amazing. I hope you learned a ton!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your term lit nerd. I have fun memories with colleagues where we were starstruck by certain literacy leaders too. I am sure that you will be reflecting on this day and the insight for quite some time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts