Slice of Life Day 10: Skyfit

"Repeat after me, as loud as you can!" she bellowed, "I WILL DO, WHATEVER IT TAKES, TO MAKE ME BETTER!"
As I bounced up and down on my trampoline, I cast a skeptical look around at the other participants chanting back, "I WILL DO, WHATEVER IT TAKES, TO MAKE ME BETTER!" I, of course, moved my mouth, because I am a rule follower and I didn't want to look like I was breaking a rule. But the positive affirmation chanting, while the parents of the littles there for toddler jump time looked over at us, was a little too intense for me.
Positive affirmation chanting aside, I'd consider my first experience at Skyfit a success. At times I felt completely uncoordinated and like the trampoline was more in control of my body than I was and at times I felt graceful and acrobatic, and was quite impressed with myself (I'm sure I still looked uncoordinated in those moments). It was fun to try something new and a good workout to start a Saturday!




Comments

  1. You took me to a place I wouldn't experience otherwise! I love the mouthing of the chant as you wonder what the parents of the little kids are thinking! But good for you- trying something new! I was even reminded of a few turns I had on a trampoline long, long ago- a pleasurable memory. have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "because i am a rule follower"... This gets me so intrigued by the main character (you!). Fun short slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm...think I need to look into a class like that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This class sounds like so much fun. However my fear would be falling and injuring myself. But it looks like you and your friend had fun.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts